Is is possible to change the Slide Show Image Size

Support Area Forums Bottega Is is possible to change the Slide Show Image Size

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://keypetgrooming.com
  • Author
    Keith Key
    Participant

I am using a child theme at the moment. I can still access the original theme files of coarse via ftp. Is there a way to increase the image height size of the images. I just need perhaps some more height something more proportional 960×600 or just whatever I can get besides 960×350. If not is it possible to use a third party slideshow program instead.

Thanks for any assistance.

Bill Robbins

Hi Keith,

You can change the height. Here’s what you’ll want to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose images.php
    3. Locate this line:

add_image_size('header-image', 960, 350, true);

The 350 there is the height in pixels. Feel free to change that to whatever number you need.

4. Save your changes.

That will only affect images uploaded after the change is made. To change existing images, install the regenerate thumbnails plugin. It adds a screen to the Tools menu where you can resize existing images.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Keith Key
    Participant

Thanks Bill!

Keith Key
    Participant

I am using a child theme, should i make a copy of the images.php to my child theme area, also is it limited to 3 slides or can that be increased.

Bill Robbins

You can add as many slides as you’d like to. Just publish more slides in the media > slides section to add additional ones.

At this time you’ll need to make the size change in the parent theme. Overriding something that’s loaded via a function is a bit different than something that’s in a file like single.php. When I make the next update to the theme, I’ll wrap the image sizes inside a statement that will allow for overriding. After that you can use the method described at http://www.organizedthemes.com/advanced-child-theme-usage/ to change the image sizes.

Let me know if you run into trouble.

Take care,
    Bill

Keith Key
    Participant

This also worked Great! Thanks again for such great support and your expertise!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Is is possible to change the Slide Show Image Size’ is closed to new replies.