iPad

Support Area Forums Foxy iPad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jeremy Mandell
    Participant

Slideshow Images are distorted on the iPad… would them rather cut off in the portrait view.

Also, the logo is not appearing on the iPad.

This is the new one, so not sure if that plays a role

Thanks,

Jeremy

Bill Robbins

Jeremy,

For the logo, I think it may be too large for the iPad to resize down. My iPad is showing a broken image link, but it is correct. I sized your logo down so you could see if that would help. You can download it here and give it a try. The original was 7,821 pixels wide and I sized it down to 700. It should also make your site load quicker as the new file is 500kb smaller in size.

The script we use for the background images has a few options you can experiment with to see if they give you a better effect. Here’s how to change them:

1. Go to the Appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-js.php and look for this spot:

fit_portrait            :   0,		
      fit_landscape        :   0,

3. These two options set how image can be made to fit. You can change either of them from 0 to 1 to see how it affects the front of your site.
    4. Save your changes to see how it looks.

You may find that you want to crop some of the background images a bit differently with these options so you get the desired look. It’s tricky since the aspect ratio is so different between portrait and landscape on an iPad.

If I can help, just let me know,
    Bill

Jeremy Mandell
    Participant

Still having trouble with the logo showing up. I changed the image to the one you sized down.

Also, I’m playing around with fit_portrait and landscape, but I’m not really sure what I am trying to accomplish with it. Still having the issue of the picture being stretched out when I switch views from portrait to landscape. Can we write it so the screen is simply a more zoomed in or out version of the background (so not stretched out)?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Bill Robbins

Jerry,

I took a look and it appears that the same logo is showing up in the source. I made a quick copy of your front page and changed the logo out and uploaded it to our development server and it seems to work. You can take a look at http://development.organizedthemes.com/cracked.html to see what I mean.

I also tested out a few of the different background settings to see what would work out best. It probably won’t be perfect due to the extreme aspect ration changes, but if it’s better you can change them. Here’s how:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose custom-js.php and look for this spot:

min_width               :   0,		
      		min_height              :   0,		
      		vertical_center         :   1,		
      		horizontal_center     :   1,		
      		fit_portrait               :   0,		
      		fit_landscape           :   0,	

and replace it with this:

min_width               :   1024,		
      			min_height              :   1024,		
      			vertical_center         :   1,		
      			horizontal_center       :   1,		
      			fit_portrait            :   1,		
      			fit_landscape           :   1,	

and save your changes.

That will set a minimum height and width as the maximum width of the iPad display and it will also set it to try to fit it both landscape and portrait.

In terms of fitting the images in the screen those are the only options that the scripts gives us.

The slideshow images are great (I’d love to eat the food).

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Jeremy Mandell
    Participant

Changing the logo image really did wonders with the speed of the site. Thanks. As to the different background settings, it is really hard for me to tell a difference, but I think it will do. My only concern is if someone has this page with a very small width, the photo’s look distorted, even on a computer. I don’t know if we can get a win-win here though. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Stop by Champaign and we’d be more than happy to feed you!

Bill Robbins

I do understand what you mean about the fitting. As of now, those are the only options that the script developer has implemented. I wish I had more options to offer you there.

If we’re ever in Champaign I’ll do that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘iPad’ is closed to new replies.