Interactive Tagline

Support Area Forums Agency Interactive Tagline

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Lauren Moore
    Participant

Hi There,
    Yet another post from us! Our site is for a shelter for abused women- and we need the tagline to be a “quick escape” button that someone needing to quickly escape the website can click to leave. Is there a way to make the tagline interactive and link it to, say, Google?

Bill Robbins

Laureen,

Questions are always welcome. You can make the tagline a link with a bit of editing. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose header.php and find this:

<?php if(of_get_option('tagline_include') == 'yes') { 

if (is_front_page()) {
      				echo '<div id="tagline"><h2>'.get_bloginfo('description').'</h2></div>';
      			} else {
      				echo '<div id="tagline"><p>'.get_bloginfo('description').'</p></div>';
      			}

} ?>

3. Replace that with this:

4. Save your changes.

That should add a link in for your tagline to Google. If you’d like to change the link, just replace http://google.com with the URL you’d like to send your visitors too.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant

Hi there, I attempted to switch the code, and it deleted the tag line. I tried to put the original code back in and now the tagline has still disappeared but the formatting for the whole website is skewed!

Bill Robbins

Laureen,

I’d be glad to take a look for you. What was the URL to your site again?

Thanks,
    Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Perfect. Let’s do this. Go to the theme editor again and select the header.php file. Replace everything there with this:

and save your changes. It looks like the opening of the header container (it’s called a “div” may have been removed causing the layout to go all over the place).

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant

Great!!! The layout is back to normal, but the tagline is still missing, let alone inactive! I don’t know what I did to make it disappear!
    Thanks for all of your help.

Bill Robbins

Lauren,

That’s my bad. I updated the code above. Give replacing it one more try and see if it won’t be visible this time.

Let me know if that doesn’t do the trick.

Bill

Lauren Moore
    Participant

Perfect!!! Thank you times infinity!

Bill Robbins

Anytime Lauren. Have a great week!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Interactive Tagline’ is closed to new replies.