Installing Indiegogo Widget on Home Page

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Installing Indiegogo Widget on Home Page

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Sorry, one more question!

I would like to feature a widget on my home page. Can you please help me install this?

I currently have my Home Page using the video format, and am unsure how to firstly install this, and then only have it appear on my Home Page.

Thanks,
    Marjorie.

Bill Robbins

Marjorie,

No problem. Here’s what you’ll want to do. Edit your page. Select the “Text” tab instead of the “Visual” one at the top right hand corner of your content.

In your content, paste this at the top:

and update your page. That should give you the fundraising box on the right hand side.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Thanks Bill. Unfortunately, the widget is appearing down the bottom, with the text “style>.video-content {overflow:hidden } ”

http://www.mynameisvivienne.com/

Any ideas?

Bill Robbins

It looks like when you pasted the code the first < was missing. Try copying and pasting the code in again and see if that doesn't do it for you.

Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

The text is gone, but the widget is still appearing down the bottom below the video.

Bill Robbins

Marjorie,

Just to make sure we’re seeing the same thing, here’s a quick screenshot:

Are you seeing/expecting something different?

Thanks,
    Bill

Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Yes, that is right. So is this the standard placement of a widget. There is no way to place it next to the video? It looks fairly awkward in its current position.

Bill Robbins

Gotcha. Honestly there’s not an easy way to do that here. The space is made for the video to fill the full width.

You could use a standard page and paste the video at the top of it, above the content. Instead of pasting your code into the content, you could place it into a text widget and add it to the sidebar.

Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Ok, I’ll give it a try. Thanks again!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Installing Indiegogo Widget on Home Page’ is closed to new replies.