Instagram link

Support Area Forums Photobug Instagram link

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Pete Lynagh
    Participant

I followed your instructions on another thread and this is what i get…

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ‘,’ or ‘;’ in /home/peterlyn/public_html/wp-content/themes/photobug/includes/widget-about.php on line 83

Sorry to bother you it’s probably something very simple I’m doing wrong.

Pete

Bill Robbins

Hello Pete,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. I believe the about widget that’s in the Photobug theme has an Instagram icon already built-in. Are you looking to add in one someplace else?

That parse error displays when the server is expecting either a comma or semi-colon that it can’t find. If you ‘ll let me know what specifically you’re wanting to do, I’ll be glad to help out.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Pete Lynagh
    Participant

Hi Bill, yeah the link doesn’t work and i referred back to an older thread you had about how to fix the instagram link. Which i done as you said in that thread and then that error came up and now i’m locked out of my site. http://www.peterlynagh.com Any help would be great as I’m trying to get my site ready for this w end as there is an article going out in the main sunday newspapers both here in Australia and in the UK. Thanks

Bill Robbins

Pete,

Sorry about that. I see the that now. Let’s replace all the code for the widget with this below. Since your site is showing that error message, you’ll have to edit the file outside of WordPress. Most likely you can do that from inside your web host’s control panel. There’s probably a file browser there where you can find the file and edit it. To do that browse to the wp-content/photobug/includes/ folder and edit the widget-about.php file there. You could also use a FTP program to get there.

Once you’ve found the file, replace all the code there with this:

and then save your changes. That should let the link work. If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Instagram link’ is closed to new replies.