Increasing Size of Main Titles/Blog Question

Support Area Forums Agency Increasing Size of Main Titles/Blog Question

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Stephanie Cole
    Participant

Hi Bill!

We are trying to increase the Main Title Font, and can’t seem to make it work. Could you please advise? (By Main Title Font, I mean the font when you click on a tab and it opens, the title on that page by the same name of the tab. :))

Also, is there a way to click the Blog Tab and it take you to a completely outside link? (different url)

Thanks so much!

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

One more question- is there a way to utilize a mobile version that makes viewing our page on iPads/phones easier?

Bill Robbins

Stephanie,

Thank you for your business first of all. You can make the titles larger. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the “Styling” tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.page h1,
      .single h1 {
      	font-size: 40px;
      }

3. You can change the 40 above to the size you’d like your titles to be in pixels.
    4. Save your changes.

That should change the size of your page titles.

You can have links in your navigation go to a different site. Inside the navigation builder (Appearance > Menu) in the left-hand column, you’ll see a box for “Custom Links.” In the URL field, enter the web address you’d like to make the link go to. In the Label field, enter the name you’d like your menu item to have. Then click “Add To Menu.” You can then arrange your new menu item as you’d like to.

The theme is made to be “responsive” so that it will look nice on iPhones and iPads. There are several plugins that you could also use. The most widely used one is called WP Touch. It’s good at making blogs mobile, but sites with other content than just posts it usually doesn’t work as well.

If there’s an area you’d like to change in the mobile view of the theme, let me know and we’ll see what we can make happen.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

Thanks so much, Bill! This is most helpful!

I guess the main problem with the site on mobile is you have to scroll over to see all the tabs, and the picture content is so large. Would there be a way for the mobile site to just have the bare bones (text with basic styling) in a format that would fit on an iPhone/iPad that you could see everything at once? Or remove the pics and have a drop down menu to select the tabs?

I have NO idea how this works, so I’m shooting in the dark. ANY help at all would be most appreciated! 🙂

Bill Robbins

Just about anything can be done. Would it be possible for you to send me a link to your site? That way I can better create some styles that fit your particular situation.

Thanks,
    Bill

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

Of course! We’re located at mercyfoundministries.com- so thankful for your helpfulness!

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

One more question- is there a way for the graphic logo NOT to appear on the blog page only?

Bill Robbins

Stephanie,

Absolutely. Go to the Theme Options page and select the styling tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.blog #logo { display: none; }

That should hide the logo only on the blog page.

Goodness I’m so sorry I missed the link to your site when you posted it. I took a look and it seems like you’ve taken out the responsive part of the stylesheet. That’s perfectly fine to do. The last style got a bit cut off though which could cause some trouble with some less friendly browsers out there. You may want to edit the style.css file again and take out this at the very bottom:

.alignle

and add this back too:

.alignleft {
    	float: left;
    	margin-right: 15px;
    }

.aligncenter,
    div.aligncenter {
    	display: block;
    	margin-left: auto;
    	margin-right: auto;
    }

.wp-caption {
    	text-align: center;
    	background-color: #eee;
    	padding: 10px 5px 0 5px;
    	margin-bottom: 5px;
    	border-bottom: 1px solid #b9bbb8;
    	border-right: 1px solid #b9bbb8;
    }

.wp-caption img {
    	margin: 0;
    	padding: 0;
    	border: 0 none;
    }

.wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {
    	font-size: 11px !important;
    	line-height: 17px;
    	padding: 4px 4px 5px;
    	margin: 0;
    	background: none;
    }

.gallery img {
    	padding: 5px;
    	background-color: #eee;
    	margin-right: 10px;
    	margin-bottom: 10px;
    	border-bottom: 1px solid #b9bbb8;
    	border-right: 1px solid #b9bbb8;
    }

.entry-content .twitter-tweet-rendered {
        max-width: 100% !important;
    }

If you still want to attempt some changes to the mobile version, let me know,
    Bill

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

Thank you so much Bill! I have no idea how the part you were talking about was removed, but thank you for helping with this!! It is most appreciated!

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

One more crazy issue- not sure if it’s operator error or if it has something to do with the theme. Any help would be most appreciated!

On our blog, it seems I can’t go to an individual post. Everything is linked to the main blog page: mercyfoundministries.com/blog, instead of to individual posts. When I click the title of the post, it just links back to the main blog. Is there any way to make each post have an individual url that can be linked to individually? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Stephanie,

That sounds like your permalinks might not be set up correctly. Let’s try this. Go to the Settings section of your WordPress control panel and select “Permalinks.” From the list choose “Default” and save your changes. Next try visiting an individual post in your blog and see if that works. If it does, then go back to permalinks and choose a nicer option than the default. See if there are any messages at the bottom of the screen once you save your settings.

If there are messages at the bottom of the screen then you may need to change the file permissions on a file named wp-config.php so you can use “pretty permalinks.” Should that be necessary, you can usually do that with a FTP program or your web host’s control panel in the file browser section.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Stephanie Cole
    Participant

Whew- that did it! THANK YOU! I’ve been having technical issue after issue this morning, and this was the straw that broke the camel’s back, so to speak. All better now- THANKS a million!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Increasing Size of Main Titles/Blog Question’ is closed to new replies.