In Staff area continue the type

Support Area Forums Moonrise In Staff area continue the type

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    david McIlvride
    Participant

Hi Bill, how do you get rid of the “READ MORE” default so that when I hit “TEAM” and it goes to the page with my two team members (used to be staff until you helped me change that to team) that all their background actually shows up on the page by their photo? Instead of just a couple of lines and then “READ MORE” makes the visitor click that … thanks

Bill Robbins

David,

That’s a good question. The staff section bios are set to show the excerpt (the small portion with the read more link) if that’s also what the blog area of your site is set to display in the theme options.

If you’ll go to the Theme Options page and select the General tab, you’ll see an option for “Excerpt Or Full Content.” You can change that there and it will affect the Staff section too.

With the full content displayed, you can still cut it off at the point of your choosing by inserting the “more” tag. It’s a button in the editor that you can use to set the point in the text where it will be cut off and a read more link inserted.

The other option is to leave it set to the excerpt and copy all the content for your staff members and paste it into the excerpt box. You can find that just below the main content bow when you’re editing a staff member. Whatever you place in the excerpt will be displayed on the front of the site.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

david McIlvride
    Participant

Once again … thanks Bill that worked fine. Appreciate the fast response. Enjoy the weekend also.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘In Staff area continue the type’ is closed to new replies.