imbed video not showing up

Support Area Forums Foundation imbed video not showing up

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Russell Baer
    Participant

youtube embeds are not functioning on themes homepage when choosing to use video in place of the slider. Drop down selection is on “video” and is still not working for youtube. All other video widgets work fine, vimeo works fine for homepage video option in place of slider just not youtube.

Bill Robbins

Russel,

Any chance you could send me a link to where you’re working on it so I can take a look?

Bill

Russell Baer
    Participant
    Russell Baer
    Participant

also could you point me in the right direction on how to change the nav menu buttons to from blue to red like I have elsewhere, cant seem to find the option. Thanks in advance.

R

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending the link. I took a look and I believe I know what’s going on. For the home page video, you’ll need to use the embed code from YouTube as opposed to the shortcode method you can use in pages and posts. The code should begin with $lt;iframe>

You can change the menu styling. In the theme options page, select the styling tab. There you’ll find several options for changing the navigation colors of the top level items and the drop down menu too.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Russell Baer
    Participant

Ya the crazy thing is I am using the full embed code and as soon as I click “save options” the theme automatically changes it to the shortcode? Its weird I copy paste this:

then hit “save options” and then this automatically replaces it with this :

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNbx1NFdOEI&version=3&hl=en_US%5D

Any thoughts?

Oh and I fixed the tabs, thanks for the tip.

Bill Robbins

Most unusual. It sounds like there is probably a plugin that’s somehow converting the embed code into the shortcode. I’d suggest turning off all your plugins and see if it still happens then. If it doesn’t, then activate them one at a time until you find the one that’s causing the trouble.

If you can’t find the culprit with a plugin, let me know. At that point, it might be helpful to take a look at the back-end of your site if you don’t mind. I’ve tried to recreate this situation, but I can’t make the theme convert an embed code into a shortcode.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Russell Baer
    Participant

AH HA, it was worpress’s own jetpack plugin that was causing the issue. Thanks for the tips…you rock even on a Saturday.

Bill Robbins

No problem and thanks for letting me know it was part of Jetpack in case it happens to someone else.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘imbed video not showing up’ is closed to new replies.