Support Area Forums Moonrise Images: size + type?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Birgit Reizevoort
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your beautiful Moonrise theme. I love it!

As a relative n00b to WordPress and the theme, you will probably hear from me from time to time 🙂

First questions:

In the demo, between pages with copy, there are big images.
    * how do I add images like that?
    * what size should they be?
    * and what type (jpeg)?

Thank you for your reply!

Birgit

Bill Robbins

Birgit,

Thank you for your business first of all. Questions are always welcome. Let’s try to answer yours.

Home Page Images:

The first thing you’ll want to do is create your home page. The Moonrise Documentation has the instructions on how to do that in the “Creating Your Home Page section. Once you’ve done that, you’re ready to add your images.

For images I recommend using JPEG images that are no larger than 1800 or 2000 pixels wide and 1200 pixels tall. If you use ones that are too big then mobile devices will run out of memory and won’t display them and the site will run slowly. I’ve seen a couple of people use 8000 pixel wide images.

To add them, go to the Theme Options page and select the Home Tab. This tab is made up of seven sections that correspond to the seven content sections that make up the home page. Each one has an image uploader that you can use to upload an image that will appear with that section. There’s also a field that lets you choose how large the “window” is in pixels too.

Once you’ve added an image, save your changes and you should see your image on the home page.

If you have any trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Birgit Reizevoort
    Participant

Thanks, Bill! It worked.

Bill Robbins

No problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Images: size + type?’ is closed to new replies.