Images not displaying as per size, but thumbnails.

Support Area Forums Foundation Images not displaying as per size, but thumbnails.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Neal Taylor
    Participant

I have a table with a column of images that are 300 x 300 pixels and a second column with graphics all 200 x 100 pixels. They all appear in the editor correctly, yet when I publish the page, they are thumbnail images. No where in the code for the page I am creating does it say to create thumbnails.

The page in question is http://www.holyfools.org.au/get-involved/our-needs/

Thanks!

Neal Taylor
    Participant

This is the code used.

Item Urgency
    A Commercial Freezer – not necessarily the one in the picture, but one we can store prepared food and other foods supplied by SecondBite and other food suppliers. big_20120901163929_UF1300SDF urgent
    A Ute or Van – to pick up food from SecondBite and to tow a trailer. The pic is only an example. 37106611F Needed
    Office Space – while we are a small charity, we plan on expanding to grow. Currently we run out of Neal’s house, but we desperately need space to run a small office, store food and run the commercial freezer (when we get one). We’re happy to co-locate too! Would prefer to be located in Lilydale! main  not-urgent
    BBQ Trailer – This is to be a community BBQ Trailer for use by community groups, as well as being used by Holy Fools for community events and community BBQ’s in the Shire. $(KGrHqVHJB8E8fQMNzyBBPOIOE6K0g~~60_12  urgent
    Bill Robbins

Neal,

Great question. I tried taking a look, but I’m getting a database error on that page of your site so I can’t actually see the code at the moment.

The images in the theme are set to have a maximum width equal to the container that they are in. That’s how we go about making the images responsive so the do not overflow where they are supposed to be.

If the table where the images are located has a width specified for the columns, then the images will shrink to fit inside that column’s specified width.

The visual editor will try to represent what the “text” editor is actually creating. Sometimes it does a great job and sometimes it doesn’t.

I’d be glad to take a look at it once the database error clears up.

Just let me know,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Neal,

The database came back up so I was able to take a look. It appears that you’ll need to add a width to the second column in the table. If you’ll set it to be 300px wide, that will let your image display at that size.

You can make that change be switching the the “text” editor by clicking the tab at the top of the main content box when you’re editing that page. Look for your table. It’ll start like this:

<table border="1">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td style="text-align: center;"><strong>Item</strong></td>
    <td style="text-align: center; "></td>
    <td style="text-align: center;"><strong>Urgency</strong></td>
    </tr>

Replace that with this:

and update your page. That should give a fixed width for that column so your images fit. You can add a width to the other two if you’d like to.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

Neal Taylor
    Participant

Thanks Bill, don’t know why I didn’t think of this late last night when making the page.

Appreciate your patience with me!

Neal

Bill Robbins

Anytime Neal. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Images not displaying as per size, but thumbnails.’ is closed to new replies.