images in columns

Support Area Forums Forward images in columns

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.merrillsmarauderspd.org/then-and-now/
  • Author
    Sheila Fredrickson
    Participant

This page has several images grouped together in pairs in one PNG file. There are too many to leave in a single column; it makes the page really long.

Would like to make two columns out of the images on this page, but would like them to be responsive on a mobile screen.

Have searched the forums for suggestions, and tried a few column plugins, but I can’t get any of them to do exactly what I want.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Sheila

Bill Robbins

Hello Sheila,

One option for you would be to create two images and then when you insert them into the page’s content, set them to align to the left. That should create two “columns” of content without any additional work on your part. I’m usually try to go with the simplest solution first so that would be my first thought.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Sheila Fredrickson
    Participant

Thanks, Bill.

I played with it just a little. Let me see if I can make it behave.

This one thing about WordPress — lining up tables and columns — has always been my #1 frustration. There are times it just won’t do what you want it to do.

Sheila

Bill Robbins

Sheila,

Admittedly, I don’t use columns very much, but I have had a pretty good experience with the Column Shortcode plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/column-shortcodes/). It’s the one that’s recommended for use in the WordPress VIP ecosystem. You might give it a try.

Also for lining things up, I tend to not use the visual editor. The text one doesn’t let me see what’s happening, but I’m more likely to not miss extra characters and spaces that throw alignment off.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Participant

Another way to do this is using the wordpress built in media gallery which lets you select number of columns etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘images in columns’ is closed to new replies.