images

Support Area Forums Foundation images

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: bcpac.org
  • Author
    Lynn Fergusson
    Participant

Hello Bill

I have a question about images in posts. I don’t want to use the gallery post type because my images are never the same size so it makes the page jump up and down as they switch. So I inserted the images into the post instead but it appears that the images all have to be viewed individually, there is no option to forward to the next image once the lightbox is open. Do I understand this correctly or am I missing something? (hopefully you understand what I mean). Maybe I need to install a plugin to achieve what I want? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hello Lynn,

Good question. What you’ll want to do is insert a WordPress gallery, but not make the post/page use the gallery format. The only thing the gallery format does is tell WordPress that you’d like to have the slideshow. Just use the default format, but insert a gallery and you should have a thumbnail gallery with previous/next arrows in the lightbox to work with.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Lynn Fergusson
    Participant

Thanks for answering on a Saturday! Still no luck – I can’t find previous/next buttons. I checked to see if I am inadvertently using another gallery than the theme gallery but I don’t think so. I do have a plugin that allows me to link photos to another page/post, could that conflict?

http://bcpac.org/photos-from-music-for-guitar-and-percussion/

Bill Robbins

It looks like you’re set up correctly, but that particular lightbox skin doesn’t have the previous/next arrows. Try the default one and see how that goes.

Lynn Fergusson
    Participant

That did it, thanks! Have a great weekend!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic…enjoy your weekend too Lynn 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘images’ is closed to new replies.