image size in slides

Support Area Forums Moonrise image size in slides

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://covin-gourmet.ch
  • Author
    Roberto Algar
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Recently I asked you same question in another topic, already closed, and I’m sorry but I can’t solve the problem with your answer; here your answer to how to make images smaller in the slides of main page:

Roberto,

I’m glad that helped out. You can make the height smaller in the slider. If you’ll resize all of your images that you want to include in the slider to be 600 pixels wide, then whatever height you make the images, that’s how tall they will be on the front end.

Say you resize an image to be 600 pixels tall. As long as it is shorter than 640 pixels tall, WordPress will use the actual height of the image there. So you could have make them all 600 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall. That would let them all comfortably fit. You can play around with the height to find the best fit for you.

I tried different sizes, latest 200×300 and nothing, still same size out of screen’s margin. when I delete the featured image, then the size of the blank space gets reduced to what it should be, the problem it’s so far the image it’s loaded.

any help will be much appreciated.

thanks a lot

Roberto Algar
    Participant

they seem to be blocked at 600 px height, and i can’t modify that..

Roberto Algar
    Participant

already done with the code, but what I can’t do it’s to make shorter the space between image and text..

thanks in advance!!

Bill Robbins

Roberto,

Sorry for the post closing on you. They are set to automatically close after a period of time if nothing new gets posted.

You can change the width of the text area next to the slider image. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.slider-content {
      	width: 615px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

Feel free to adjust the 615 to a different number if you’d like a different fit there.

Let me know if I can help.

Have a great Saturday,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘image size in slides’ is closed to new replies.