IE Support

Support Area Forums Foxy IE Support

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Gary Sorensen
    Participant

Hey Bill, I am hoping you can help me out with this. I have been testing our site with Firefox during the build and like the functionality and look, however when I look at it using IE8 it looks a little clunky. Would you be able to take a look and offer some insight?

content.hummelarch.com/wordpress

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Bill Robbins

It looks like your search box could use a bit of help. The search selector we added earlier:

input#s-header {
    width: 300px;
    }

you might modify it to something like this:

input#s-header {
    width: 300px;
    padding: 3px;
    border: 1px solid #737a35;
    }

which would be a bit more in line with the style of the rest of your site. That would remove the standard form styling from IE on that box and give it a light green border. Just a thought.

Jos Deroo
    Participant

I did the same (develop in Firefox and then test in IE). In versions of IE prior to n°9, the custom colour I chose for the menu-blocks (Navigation Background Hover Color) does not take on the new value I input. It always stays the standard red colour. Is there a workaround since I would like to use the same colour scheme for the whole site (www.atlasguesthouse.be/Nederlands).

Bill Robbins

Good catch. Here’s how to fix it.

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose ie.css and look for this spot:

aside.sidebar nav .current-menu-item a, aside.sidebar nav a:hover, .current-menu-parent ul.sub-menu li a:hover {
    background-color: #971012; background-image: none;
    }

3. Delete this:

background-color: #971012;

4. Save your changes.

See if that doesn’t let you change the menu color in older versions of Internet Explorer. I’m afraid that is a bit leftover from development that should have deleted.

Jos Deroo
    Participant

Nope, that didn’t seem to work. In fact it made it worse since the the blocks now went transparent and started moving back and fort continiously (even when not being hovered over). I returned everything to it’s old state. Maybe another solution ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘IE Support’ is closed to new replies.