Identifying areas

Support Area Forums Grassroots Identifying areas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author

HI. I have been working on the “Grassroots” theme and am having trouble with one area in particular. I am working in “Theme Options” “Home Section” area and can’t figure out how to set up this area so it mimics the color background and photo alignment to the side of the box as they are in the demo. I am including a screenshot of the demo so you can see the area that I am trying to edit.

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Carmelita,

It looks like the screenshot didn’t make it’s way though into the post. I’ve attached one that I think may be of what you’re describing.

If it is, then that is a “Home Box” widget. It lets you add in an image, text and a button. All of the home page, except for the hero section, is made up of widgets.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Yes, that is the area, however I can’t get it to look like it does above, specifically, smaller photo on one end (mind goes across the entire post, regardless which option I use), the background where the text is displayed is white (mine is the background of whichever photo is in that widget.

I want to get the areas defined like they look in the demo.

I have once again attached the screenshot, its a PNG, just not sure why is isn’t posting.

Bill Robbins

Carmelita,

It might be helpful to import the widgets from the demo content. That way you can see how the font page in the demo is set up. You can click on the sample content link in the right hand sidebar and download it from there.

For the widgets, we use a plugin called Widget Importer & Exporter (https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-importer-exporter/) to handle that.

In the screenshot that you posted, there are three different widgets in use: a campaign widget, an attention widget (that’s the full width one) and a Home Box widget.

If you still have trouble, please send over the URL to where you’re working with things so I can take a look too. That would help me, help you out greatly.

Thanks,
    Bill

This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

The campaign widget is part of a woo commerce extension I made. You can find it in the downloads section of this support site. Once it’s installed and activated you’ll be able to set up products to be a campaign.

Let me know how that goes.

Bill Robbins

Carmelita,

Thanks for sending over the login. I took a look and it appears that the home page only had a campaign widget and a events widget added to it.

I added a Campaign widget to the Home Three widget area for you as an example. I also added a Home Box widget to the Home Four area too.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Identifying areas’ is closed to new replies.