HTML in Widget Titles

Support Area Forums Foundation HTML in Widget Titles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Eric Andrist
    Participant

A couple of questions:

1. is there a way to split a title in a widget (Featured Video Widget) to appear on two lines? I tried <br> but it just prints <br> in the title. That worked on titles on my staff page but doesn’t appear to work in widgits.

2. Is there a way to change the RSS Widget cache so it updates every time my blog changes?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Eric,

Let’s find answers for you:

1. By default WordPress strips out HTML from widget titles. There is a plugin at https://wordpress.org/plugins/html-in-widget-titles/ that claims to let you add in HTML to your widget titles. I haven’t used it personally, but if I”m reading it correctly, you replace greater than and less than signs with brackets in your HTML and the plugin will render it correctly. If it works, that might be a great option.

2. There is a WordPress filter you can use to change the RSS widget caches refresh rate. To use it, you’ll need to edit the theme’s functions.php file (there is an editor in the Appearance section of your dashboard). Scroll down to the very bottom and add this:

add_filter( 'wp_feed_cache_transient_lifetime', 
       create_function('$a', 'return 600;') );

(be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email)

The 600 in that snippet is the time in seconds for the cache. You an adjust that amount to something that will be best fit your needs.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Eric Andrist
    Participant

Sorry to bother you again, I just updated a plugin and now I can’t access any of the items in the Dashboard control panel. I get this error:

Warning: require_once(WPSEO_PREMIUM_PATHclasses/google/Google_Client.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/july1962/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress/admin/api-libs/googleanalytics/class-google-analytics-client.php on line 4

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘WPSEO_PREMIUM_PATHclasses/google/Google_Client.php’ (include_

Bill Robbins

Looks like you’ll need to deactivate the plugin manually. Using either a FTP program or your web host’s control panel’s file browser, go to the wp-content/plugins folder on your server. Find the google-analytics-for-wordpress folder and rename it.

That should turn off the plugin and let you back into the site. I would send the error messages to Yoast and see if they have a fix for you from there.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘HTML in Widget Titles’ is closed to new replies.