How would I backup my Epic Theme website?

Support Area Forums Epic How would I backup my Epic Theme website?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Jerry Chavez
    Participant

I’ve asked this question before, so I looked up the answer, but I need for you to please elaborate a little further.

I tried backing up the site with FileZilla by copying the entire root folder and killed the job when it reached a size of 108GB!

Is there a better way, or files I dont need. Is there any documentation that list folder contents (e.g.: Pages, Data, Images, Scripts, etc…)?

Bill Robbins

Hi Jerry,

You could backup just the wp-content folder on your server and the MySQL database that has all your content in it. Those two items will cover what makes your site, your site. The database has all the pages, posts and content that’s added via the WP admin. The wp-content folder has all your themes, plugins and files that you’ve uploaded like images and other media. You could copy that folder out via FTP and then use the MyPHPAdmin section in your web host’s control panel to export the database that has your WordPress info in it.

The best options are to use a plugin (Backup Buddy, Backup to Dropbox, or VaultPress) or a service that’s offered by your web host. Those can automate backups so you’re always covered and will have the best restore options in case you ever do need to restore (or move) the site.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘How would I backup my Epic Theme website?’ is closed to new replies.