How To…

Support Area Forums Live How To…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Kimo
    Participant

I have purchased my theme, but the direction video seems to be old. The directions for how to load my theme onto wordpress do not match. I do not have an option to install a theme. What am I doing wrong?

-James

Bill Robbins

Are you hosting your site at WordPress.com? Only self-hosted WordPress sites allow you to bring your own themes and plugins. If you are hosting at WordPress.com, switching to a self-hosted site is rather easy and inexpensive. Many good hosts like Site5, Host Gator, and Blue Host offer WordPress hosting for $5 to $7 per month including your domain name.

That gives you the opportunity to bring your own theme and plugins. Plus the control panel from WordPress.com is virtually identical to a self-hosted site so you already know what to expect.

If you’re not hosting with WordPress.com, let me know.

Kimo
    Participant

Ok, I was on WordPress.com, but I have now moved to Site5. I thought this was going to be a simple, pay for the domain and server, buy your theme and install it… So far I am pretty frustrated… I hope that I am only missing something here… I opened up site5 and opened fantastico and added wordpress3.2.1, now I am not sure what to do…

Bill Robbins

You should be able to go to the domain you registered now and login to your new WordPress site. The login page is always at yoursite.com/wp-admin, just change the yoursite.com to your domain name. From there you can add the theme by following the screencast in our video section.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How To…’ is closed to new replies.