how to write html code in the area HERO? is it possible?

Support Area Forums Kerygma how to write html code in the area HERO? is it possible?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    isaac epinosa
    Participant

could be used much more this area

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Isaac,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. We can change the input on the hero section to allow HTML to be placed there. The only catch is you can’t use the built in theme editor to make the change so you’ll either need to use a FTP program to make the change or the WP Editor plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/). The plugin replaces the editor that’s in the Appearance section of your WordPress dashboard with a new item called theme editor.

What you’ll want to do is open up the theme editor. On your right hand side, the files and folders in the theme will be listed. Open up the “includes” folder and then the “custom-meta-boxes” folder that’s inside it. Then select the kerygma.php file that’s there.

Starting on line 15, you’ll see this section:

array(
    	'name' => __( 'Hero Title', 'organizedthemes' ),
    	'desc' => '',
    	'id'   => 'hero_title',
    	'type' => 'text',
    ),

array(
    	'name' => __( 'Hero Caption', 'organizedthemes' ),
    	'desc' => '',
    	'id'   => 'hero_caption',
    	'type' => 'text',
    ),

In this section we need to replace the text with textarea_code so that it looks like this:

(be sure to copy that code from the support site directly and not the notification email)

Then save your changes. That should change the small text input to a slightly larger box that accepts HTML. That’s actually what I’ve done on my store to add in line breaks to my hero titles.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

hello,
    first of all thanks for helping me with the html in the area hero
    I really need your help with two issues,
    1) I need to have several pages of series for my site, for example, a page with the series for Young, another page with the series of women, another page with the series for men.
    2) HERO area would be great to add a simple podcast page

The first issue is very important to me, I love your theme and design but not be able to use it, please help me.

Do you want to open another topic for this?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Isaac,

I’m glad that allowed you to add in HTML. Good follow up questions. Let me make sure we’re seeing the same thing here. You’d like to create multiple, unique series pages for various groups is that correct?

I do believe that’s something that can be accomplished, but it’s not a simple change. WordPress doesn’t give us the ability to essentially add a way to categorize series (a custom taxonomy). If you think about WordPress posts, they are organized by category. But there isn’t a way to associate categories with one another to create a list of categories that are some how similar. The series are built using the same structure as posts and categories so we have the same options available that they do.

One option WordPress does give is to make some categories, and by extension series, as “parents.” We could make use of that to create parent series for the separate pages you’d like to have and from there create a new page template for each one that only displays the child series of the parent.

Essentially what you’d do is create a series. In the spot for parent (it’s a drop-down when you’re creating a series), you would just choose the appropriate parent series (Women, Youth, Men). That would let WordPress know where to display the series.

So the short answer is yes, you can do this, but it will take a fair amount of customizing to make that work. You would have to choose up front the types of series you’d like to have because we’d have to create a page template for each of those. That also falls outside of our included support because of the size of the customization.

For the hero section with the podcasts, are you looking to add that for series, individual podcasts or both? It was replaced in the podcast section to facilitate adding video instead of an image there.

A quote for making the series section changes would be $100. I would need to know the names of all the series types you’d like to have in order to set that up properly. I would build this out in a child theme and email it to you. That way you can use the changes and upgrade the theme in the future too. I can incorporate the changes into the podcast hero section as well while I’m at it. Just let me know a bit more specifically what you have in mind there.

Thanks,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

thanks for answering

Look, I need to move all the sermons of:

http://www.semillaonline.org/site//index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&Itemid=77

to the new site. This place is, as you can see, there are 6 categories:
    1) Verso a verso (Verse by verse)
    2) Conferencias para hombres (Conferences for Men)
    etc …

If you go into the category of “Verse by verse” in many series there are more, there it is: genesis, luck, acts, revelations, etc. And within each book are the respective conferences.

So that’s what I need to replicate on the new site, do you think we could develop that?

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the link. That helps me see what you’re wanting to develop. My first thought in looking at how that’s structured vs how the series section is set up in the Kerygma theme is the series one is built around series graphics. Are you planning on creating series graphics for all of the various categories?

isaac epinosa
    Participant

well yes, that’s the idea. a question. the $ 100 include this development? and also the hero section on the podcast? Thanks for all your support

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Isaac,

Let me brainstorm some possible ways to attack that this morning. My initial thought was that we would just create a page template for each series group which would only be four or six of them. That looks like we would need 70 or 80 which is not a good option to create or maintain. I’ll let you know what I come up with.

Thanks,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

😉

Bill Robbins

Isaac,

Thanks for letting me brainstorm a bit this morning. After thinking about this a bit more, I believe I have a more flexible solution that we can use to create this. It should give you the ability to create as many series list pages as you need to, showing only the series you select on that page.

I can include hero images for your podcasts too. If you’d like to do that, you can make the purchase at http://www.organizedthemes.com/themes/100-customization/ . It should be possible to turn that around for you in two business days.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

tell me, after a few months I will not see the theme of Kerygma sale with upgrades I asked you at $ 50 when my will cost me $ 149 right? I keep thinking about it

With respect to the area of ​​hero, I think I do not explain well I want to ask you to help me for the picture or video of the podcast are inside the hero area, you can do that? and another question: with the new structure for pages series what would happen to the widget that shows you three preach below the podcast?

Thank you so much and I hope I can pay tomorrow the upgrade

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Isaac,

Good question. While it’s always possible that future updates will require some modification to a child theme for compatibility, with this particular customization, I don’t anticipate you running into any trouble with future updates. You should be able to update the theme from the updates section in your WordPress dashboard without issue. All the code that’s being added will essentially modify the “query” (what information WordPress pulls from its database) and not the layout of the theme. That makes this customization a very good candidate for a child theme. If some future update does interfere with this customization, I’ll be glad to help you out with it.

For the podcast images, there are a couple of places where they are added. To add an image for a series (see http://demo.organizedthemes.com/kerygma/series/love-revolution/ for an example), go to Podcasts in your WordPress dashboard and choose series. Here you can create and edit your series. There is an image uploader built into the create and edit forms that you can use to upload/select an image for that series. It will appear at the top of the series archive.

For an individual podcast episode, the featured image is the image that will be shown at the top of the screen. You can set that by clicking the set featured image link that’s in the box in the right hand side when you’re editing a podcast episode.

To have a video shown there, there are two options. If you’re using a service like YouTube or Vimeo to host your video, copy the embed code from that service. Then edit your podcast. In the middle column, there is a spot where you can place the embed code for your video. Paste it there.

If you’d rather self-host your videos you can do that. There is an uploader there where you can upload your video. Typically you’ll get better performance from embedding than self hosting, but the choice is yours.

Unlike the hero section on pages, these will not fill the entire screen, but the are large and at the top.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

hello friend, I paid, now what? :/
    Regarding the hero area, sorry all this trouble, but my pastor asked something this:

http://freshlifechurch.com/teachings/teaching_page.php

when I looked Kerygma, I thought I could do that, what do you think?
    Again, I appreciate all your attention;)

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Thank you so much. I create the child theme and email it to you and long with instructions for what we’ve added.

I do understand what you’re going for with the individual podcast episodes now. Creating that shouldn’t be any trouble. I’ll add an uploader for a background image to your podcast screen so you can add those as well.

I should have the child theme to you on Friday.

Thanks,
    Bill

isaac epinosa
    Participant

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘how to write html code in the area HERO? is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.