How to Put Social Icons in Navigation – Forward Theme

Support Area Forums Forward How to Put Social Icons in Navigation – Forward Theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Bill,

I am using Organized Themes – Forward theme and I cannot figure out how to properly display the social icons in the main navigation.

I can add them to the nav as a link and the icon shows up, but so does the words “Menu Item”. if I clear the title out the entire menu item (social link) disappears.

Add a custom CSS code?

Please reply with solution.

Thank you in advance,

– Tangeray

Bill Robbins

Great question. In the demo the social icons are in a separate navigation menu that is assigned to the “social” menu location. That causes the icons to be displayed instead of the text.

If you have something else in mind, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks Bill – I have created a new menu but cannot figure out how to assign it to the “social” menu location.

Please advise.

Bill Robbins

There are a few different spots where you can assign a menu location. One in the customizer. If you’ll click on the Navigation spot there is a drop down menu there that you can use to assign a menu to the social location.

The other ways are in the navigation builder. Go to Appearance in your Dashboard and click on Menus. At the top there are two tabs. Click on the Manage Locations one. This will bring up a spot where you can assign menus to the two theme locations. You can assign your social menu there.

The last way is to edit the social menu. At the bottom of the menu, below the links that you’ve added are checkboxes. You can use one of those to assign the menu to the social location.

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to Put Social Icons in Navigation – Forward Theme’ is closed to new replies.