How to prevent Staff Group paging?

Support Area Forums Grassroots How to prevent Staff Group paging?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://staging.thedoorways.org/staff-group/staff/
  • Author
    JC Poma
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    How can I prevent paging in the Staff Group pages in the Grassroots theme?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

It is possible to change that with a quick edit to the theme. Here’s what you’ll want to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose queries.php
    3. Replace everything in the file with this:

(Make sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email).

4. Save your changes.

That should give you staff groups that show all staff members. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

JC Poma
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt reply, Bill.
    I think I actually need to flip my issue on its head and ask: How can I show a specific staff-group (or specific staff groups) on the Staff List template?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

It is possible to display a single staff group. Instead of using an actual WordPress page what you do is add the staff group directly to the navigation menu. That will create a “page” (really a dynamic archive) of all the staff that are members of that group.

To do that go to the Appearance section in your dashboard and click on Menus. From the content on the left choose staff groups. If you don’t see those there, click the screen options tab in the top right hand corner and check the box next to staff groups. Now you’ll be able to add them to your navigation menu.

If you run into any questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

JC Poma
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    This works, but we no longer have the ability to add additional content about the staff, like we do when using the Staff List template.
    For example:
    http://staging.thedoorways.org/about/staff/
    vs.
    http://staging.thedoorways.org/staff-group/staff/

The plan is to create a new staff group called “patients” to highlight some of The Doorways’ special guests, which we could showcase in the staff-group view…but we’d still like the flexibility of adding additional content about the staff.

Thanks,
    David

Bill Robbins

Hello David,

You can add in text above the list in your staff groups. The theme will display the description of the staff group is one is there. To add a description go to the Staff section in your WordPress dashboard and click on staff groups. Choose the one you’d like to add the description to from the list on your right.

That should take you to the screen where you can edit the staff group and enter a description.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

JC Poma
    Participant

Worked perfectly…as did removal of the paging!
    Thanks so much for your help and prompt replies.

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out. Let me know if you run into any other questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to prevent Staff Group paging?’ is closed to new replies.