How to delete all blog elements, add Navigation icon

Support Area Forums Umami How to delete all blog elements, add Navigation icon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://lagrangehouston.com/wordpress/
  • Author
    Fred Rogers
    Participant

Hi. Apologies because I know this has probably been asked a million times before but I can’t find an answer on YouTube, Support, Google, etc. How do I entirely remove the blog element from my site, the part that extends the transparency halfway across the page with the header that reads ‘Home’?

Also, how do I add the navigation (to menus, About, etc.) under the logo as is shown in so many of the Umami sample sites? Thanks very much.

Bill Robbins

Hi Fred,

Great questions. If you’d like to remove the content area on your home page like the demo does, you can. Edit the page that’s set to be your front page. Remove all the content from the main content box there and update your page. That should take out the semi-transparent box that has “home” and the other text in it. It should only appear when there is content to display so by taking the content out it should vanish.

There’s a quick video in the theme instructions at https://support.organizedthemes.com/umami/ that can show you how to set up your navigation menu. It’s in the “Navigation and Social Icons” section. If you run into any trouble with it let me know.

Hope that helps out. Let me know if you need anything else.

Take care,
    Bill

Fred Rogers
    Participant

Thanks, Bill! I’ll watch the video now. I deleted the sole post on the home page, refreshed the preview tab and it reverted from ‘Home’ to “Start Adding Content (headline) / It looks like the site needs some content. Get started here. (link).” Was that not the right place to delete the content?

Thank you, sir.

Bill Robbins

Hi Fred,

You will actually have to have a home page. Go to pages in your WordPress dashboard and select Add New. Call your page home and publish it. Make sure there is nothing in the main content box there.

Then go to the Settings section in your dashboard and click on Reading. At the top there you can choose what your front page displays. Choose a static page and then from the drop down menu for the front page, select the page you just published. Since you don’t have a blog, leave the posts page unchanged. Then update your settings.

That should give you a blank page for your home page now. Let me know how that goes.

Take care,
    Bill

Fred Rogers
    Participant

Worked like a charm. THANK YOU. Now all I have to figure out is how to get the nav bar links to go to their respective pages, insert a little vertical space under the logo and add the Facebook and Twitter icons. 🙂

And then I need to buy and build eight more of these. It’s going to be quite a weekend . . .

Thank you, sir. I appreciate your help very much.

Bill Robbins

Busy weekend indeed. If you need help, let me know 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How to delete all blog elements, add Navigation icon’ is closed to new replies.