How to change the height of the header

Support Area Forums Photobug How to change the height of the header

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Andy Daws
    Participant

Hi Bill, I’m probably missing the obvious here, but can’t figure out how to change the height of the header image? I can’t see any tools for this, not parameter settings in the HTML. I tried adding a line for “height” and stipulating a value but that seemed to affect both the header and footer and restrict the height of the main site content to a limited height too. Thanks, Andy

Bill Robbins

Andy,

Great question. The height of the header is not fixed (when no hight is specified, it’s default is auto) so the header will adjust to the content inside.

Instead of setting a height, I’d suggest adding some padding to the top and/or the bottom of the header. That will let you affect the height without causing any trouble with the site’s responsiveness.

To add padding, place this CSS snippet inside the Custom CSS box on the theme options page:

header.primary {
    	padding-top: 20px;
    	padding-bottom: 20px;
    }

Just adjust the top and bottom values until you get the fit that you’d like.

If you run into any questions, just let me know,
    Bill

Michael
    Participant

Awesome thank you Bill Robbins! I just downloaded the theme and I was wondering the same thing.

I also think your comments throughout the demo are very funny.

Bill Robbins

Michael,

I’m glad you found them funny. If you need any help, let me know.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change the height of the header’ is closed to new replies.