How to change position of main text box

Support Area Forums Foxy How to change position of main text box

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Susan Busa
    Participant

Hi –
    I would imagine this topic has already been addresses but I’m not seeing it in the forum. If it has, would someone please kindly direct me to the information? I’d like the main text box on each page to be higher and moved closer to the left. It’s a little too off center and down to low for our information and particularly when we add our photo gallery. Thank you!

Susan

Bill Robbins

Susan,

That shouldn’t be a problem. If you wouldn’t mind sending a link to where you’re working with the theme, I’ll send back instructions tailored for your particular site.

Thanks,
    Bill

Susan Busa
    Participant

Hi Bill –

I responded via the email I received when you replied but got a message today that it was never delivered – so sorry for the delay! My website is http://www.upstageplayersaustin.com You will see that I’m also changing our logo (won’t be that one but something kind of similar) and so I need to know how to raise that higher too. Thank you for your help on this!

Best,
    Susan

Bill Robbins

I’ve actually done that a time or two myself. At the moment, the only way to post is actually directly in the forum, but that’s something I’d very much like to change.

Thanks for sending the link. Here’s how to make the changes you’re looking for:

1. Go to the theme options page and select the styling tab.
    2. At the top of the page, choose “yes” to include custom styling.
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom unti you see a box for “Custom CSS.”
    4. Paste this into that box:

header {
      	margin-bottom: 180px;
      }

#logo {
      	top: 20px;
      	width: auto;
      	height: auto;
      }

5. Save your changes.

The margin bottom is what will actually set the space that the logo is in. You can increase or decrease that as necessary.

The #logo part does two things. The 20px sets the distance from the top of your logo image to the top of the screen in pixels. Feel free to adjust as nessary. The width and height:auto will let the full size of your image be visible. You may need to use a smaller image, but that will give you more flexibility too.

If you have any trouble or questions, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change position of main text box’ is closed to new replies.