How to add Facebook widget

Support Area Forums Foundation How to add Facebook widget

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Brian Davis
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to add facebook widget like you have on the demo page top right side, I tried to create app in my facebook account, but facebook has made so many changes hard to figure out.

Thanks,

Bill Robbins

Brian,

Let me see if I can help you out. First you’ll want to go to the Appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select widgets. Then drag the Foundation Facebook Widget to the sidebar of your choice (it’s in the Home Top in the demo). Once it’s there, you’ll want to paste the URL to your Facebook page into the box for it and save your changes.

That should add a like box to your site. Facebook does limit the like box to what it refers to as “pages.” At this point in time, they don’t allow the like box to work with groups or personal accounts. If they change that, then we’ll change that too.

Thankfully it’s no longer required to have an App ID for the like box to work.

If have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

Hello,
    Though I have implemented the widget before, it’s not working for me now.
    Could you please have a look?
    hassuka.co.il

Thanks in advance,
    Sharon

Bill Robbins

Sharon,

It looks like you’re up and running to me. I’m guessing you either fond the issue or Facebook was having some network trouble.

If it happens again, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Sharon Vaingast
    Participant

You are right 🙂
    Thank you

James Rogers
    Participant

thank you for a great template. I am having trouble with the Facebook widget. I am not quite sure what it means by Facebook “page.” Whatever URL I put in I get an error on the front page of the widget. Also is there any chance of logging into the demo so I can set my foundation template just like yours? I am in a bind as I need to get this done quickly.

Thank you

James

Bill Robbins

James,

I’d be glad to set your site up like the demo for you. Just email your information to support@organizedthemes.com and I’ll take care of it.

For the Facebook widget, here’s what could be going on. Facebook only allows the like box to work with what they call “pages” or “fan pages.” They don’t work with either personal profiles or with groups. If you enter the URL to a personal profile or a group then it will return an error.

You can create a Facebook page by clicking pages in the left hand column when inside your Facebook newsfeed. That will take you to a screen that lists your pages and also has an add new button.

Thank you for your business and let me know if I can help with setting it up,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add Facebook widget’ is closed to new replies.