How to activate lightbox features

Support Area Forums Forward How to activate lightbox features

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.friendsofmackenzie.org/photo-galleries/animals-of-the-mackenzie-center/
  • Author
    Dandelion222
    Participant

I have started adding galleries to my site in progress. I’d like them to be more attractive and browsing-friendly than the WordPress default galleries. I read in the theme instructions that you have 10 lightbox styles I can choose from, but I don’t understand where or how to choose or activate those.

Can you guide me?

Bill Robbins

Hi Celeste,

Good question. It looks like the gallery on that page is set to link the images to the attachment page. When you insert the gallery, if you’ll choose the file option, that will cause the images to open in the lightbox.

You can turn the lightbox on and off in the customizer, in the content panel. You can also switch skins there too.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Bill

Dandelion222
    Participant

I did change the images to link to the media file instead of an attachment page. (Will people still be able to see longer captions in that case?) But I don’t see where in the customizer to go. I don’t see “control panel” as a section. There is so much in the customizer, it gets a little confusing.

Bill Robbins

Not “Control Panel,” the ‘content’ section. Each of the customizer sections are called panels.

Dandelion222
    Participant

Ah! OK. I found that now. Thanks!

Turns out, it was already set to “yes” for include image lightbox. However, even though I did edit my gallery to link to media files, I do not see anything special when I click on an image. You can revisit the link to see. It just opens the file. I see no difference when I switch to a different style (and click save and publish first.) In the demo there’s a nice little slideshow. I’m not seeing that. Any ideas?

Also, is there, to your knowledge, any way to have the captions included in the slideshow?

Bill Robbins

It’s not loading. Try turning the lightbox off and saving your settings. Then turn it back on and save them again.

If that doesn’t do it, could you send over a login so I can take a closer look for you?

Dandelion222
    Participant

That did work!

Any ideas re the captions? Seems like my choice is that I can either have a pretty slide show option with no captions OR I can have no lightbox effects and captions on the attachment page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to activate lightbox features’ is closed to new replies.