How do you remove the WooCommerce Icon cart from the navigation menu?

Support Area Forums Mise En Place How do you remove the WooCommerce Icon cart from the navigation menu?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://wilkiwedding.agemllc.com
  • Author
    Vicky Brown
    Participant

Is there a way to remove the WooCommerce icon cart from the navigation menu in your Mise En Place theme?

Bill Robbins

Hi Vicky,

Good question. I would imagine you’re not selling products on this site so the best bet would be to deactivate WooCommerce. If you do need WooCommerce, but just don’t want the cart you can take it out. Go to the Customizer and click on the advanced section. In the spot for Custom CSS add this:

li.menu-item a.cart-link {
    	display: none;
    }

Save your changes and that should do it.

On your home page, you may want to use the row option to make the widgets equal height in some of those rows. Just a thought.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Bill

Bill Robbins

You can make the cart a sub-item. I would use the snippet above to take out the cart and then just add in the cart page if you need it to the navigation menu. See if that works for you.

There’s also a cart icon plugin you can use that will replace mine. One of its options is to only show the icon when something is in the cart. That’s a nice way to approach it. I may change Mise En Place and Finesse to work that way in the future.

Hope that helps out 🙂

Vicky Brown
    Participant

I don’t want to remove the Cart entirely. I want to use the Cart as a Submenu under the Wedding Registry to link with PayPal. Is that doable?

Bill Robbins

The icon, either mine or the one in the plugin, is just a link to the cart page. You can hide it and it won’t affect the cart at all. Just make sure you provide some way for visitors to get to the cart page if they leave the checkout funnel. We don’t want them to leave the funnel, but if they do we want them to be able to get back and complete that checkout.

Vicky Brown
    Participant

The WooCommerce Custom CSS to remove the cart from the navigation menu in the home page works! I will now add the Cart to the Registry page as a Submenu. Thanks, Bill.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘How do you remove the WooCommerce Icon cart from the navigation menu?’ is closed to new replies.