homepage

Support Area Forums Epic homepage

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Curtis Mills
    Participant

I am using a basic text widget for the sidebar on the Home page. What widget do you use to eliminate the border, and get the hover feature?

Do you have instructions for adding custom css under the theme options -> Styling? I would like to know how to change some of the colors of background and text using that feature.

Thanks in advance

Also.. Thanks for Organized themes, I have been using them for over a year now, and they are really great to use.

Curtis

http://www.rollupmycrepe.com

Bill Robbins

Curis,

There are two ways to take care of the border in your text widgets. The first one will only affect the widgets at the top of your home page, the second will affect all text widgets. For both of them paste the CSS into the Custom CSS box in the styling tab of the theme options page.

Option One

aside.top-sidebar .widget_text {
    	padding: 0px;
    }

aside.top-sidebar .widget_text img {
    	margin-bottom: -2px;
    }

Option Two

.widget_text {
    	padding: 0px;
    }

.widget_text img {
    	margin-bottom: -2px;
    }

If you’d like to add the hover effect from the static layout to your text widgets, then you’ll use this:

aside.top-sidebar:hover .widget_text img {
    	opacity: .7;
    	transition: all .4s;
    	-moz-transition: all .4s; 
    	-webkit-transition: all .4s; 
    	-o-transition: all .4s;
    }

aside.top-sidebar:hover .widget_text img:hover {
    	opacity: 1;
    }

For the background color of the main content area, you can use this:

body.light .wrap {
    	background-color: #ccc;
    	color: #fff;
    }

You can change the color codes to fit your needs too.

Your site is looking good. My wife was disappointed that the restaurant is in Utah because she wanted to eat there for lunch today (we’re in Alabama).

If I can help with anything else, just let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Curtis Mills
    Participant

Thank you so much Bill,

I have read a lot of your support forums and you seen very nice, I appreciate all the help you give out and I hope you do well with your business.

I had some more questions, but I will try not to ask to many in the future.

I am using the staff feature for my menu… It works almost perfectly except 2 things

1. everything says “staff.” Is there a way to change that word on everything? if not I can deal with it, just hope nobody looks at the address bar.

2. How can I change the size of the thumbnail picture on the staff type page? it crops them into a 150×250, and I would like 250×250 square.
    http://www.rollupmycrepe.com/staff-group/savory/

P.s.-what plugin do you recommend for making pictures have a hover feature?
    http://www.rollupmycrepe.com/menu/

Bill Robbins

Curtis,

Thank you for the kind words. I’m very grateful for all of our wonderful customers and I do try to show my appreciation. We actually put off adding a forum for years because I didn’t find it as personal as doing support by email, but hopefully having this as a resource helps people get answers more quickly if someone had the same issue earlier.

Please feel free to ask questions. Answering is a big part of what we do.

Staff
    It is possible to change the wording here from staff to another term. There are a couple of edits you’ll need to make in order for that to happen. Here’s how to make the changes.

1. First you’ll need to install a plugin called WP Editor to access the file in the theme. WordPress’ built in editor doesn’t allow for some files to be edited. This improved editor does.
    2. Go to the appearance section and select edit edit to open up the new theme editor.
    3. The list on your right contains the files in the theme. Select the “includes” folder to reveal the files in it. Next open up the “post-types” folder and select the “staff.php” file to edit.
    4. Look though the file until you find this spot:

'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'staff-group', 'with_front' => false )

5. Change the staff-group to the term you’d like to have for the groupings you’d like to have on the front of your website.
    6. Save your changes.

After you’ve made your changes, you’ll need to go to Settings>Permalinks and save your permalinks twice again. That is necessary to make sure all the changes are implemented. Then go to the navigation builder (Appearance>Menu) and add your new groups.

Staff Thumbnails
    You can change the size of the staff thumbnails. Here’s how to do that:

1. In the theme editor, select functions.php from the list of files on your right.
    2. Look for this spot (it’s on line 172):

add_image_size('staff-thumbnail', 175, 250, true);

3. Change the 175 to the number of pixels wide you’d like to have the image be and 250 to the number of pixels tall.
    4. Save your changes.

That will make changes to all future image uploads. If you’d like to change images you’ve already uploaded, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin to take care of that for you.

Image Hover
    Here’s a way you can add a hover state to your image links.

1. Go to the theme options page and select the styling tab.
    2. Choose “yes” near the top to “include custom styling.
    3. Scroll down to the bottom and paste this into the box for “Custom CSS:”

#content a:hover img {
      	opacity: .7;
      }

That should add a slight hove effect to your menu thumbnails.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘homepage’ is closed to new replies.