Homepage Widgets do not always display in Chrome

Support Area Forums Epic Homepage Widgets do not always display in Chrome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: www.test.stjohnsstonyridge.net
  • Author
    Melanie Campbell
    Participant

Hell again,

One last question and I promise I’ll stop bugging you. We seem to have an issue where the site displays correctly in IE, Firefox and Safari, but when viewed in Chrome the 3 widgets on the homepage do not always show up. Sometimes you can refresh the page and they will show, but not always. Could you take a look when you get time?

Thank you so much,
    Melanie

Bill Robbins

Fantastic question. I ran into this issue late last week or early this week on a different site and theme. What we uncovered there as the culprit was actually the Google font that was selected oddly enough. Changing the font fixed the trouble in that case.

Chrome updates itself and has occasionally had a typography bug or two and it looks like there may be some trouble with the current version and some of the Google fonts. That’s really odd since it’s Google’s web browser having the trouble.

Try changing the fonts that are selected and see if that won’t help. You can also disable them altogether at the bottom of the styling tab in the Theme Options page.

If that doesn’t get it, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Melanie Campbell
    Participant

Awesome! Great to hear there is a solution. I will give it a try soon and let you know. Thanks again for your help!

Melanie Campbell
    Participant

Ok disabling the fonts did work to get the content to appear in Chrome, thank you! The only issue now is that the Facebook widget is not displaying in Chrome for all users. (i.e. I can see it in Chrome from my work PC but when my coworker navigates to the site in Chrome from her PC the widget it blank.)

Could this be a local issue for those users?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Melanie,

I think we have tracked the trouble down last night to a bug in Chrome. I made a plugin that has been successful on tricking the browser to work for some users now. You can find it at https://support.organizedthemes.com/chrome-font-bug/ . See if that won’t work for you and let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Melanie Campbell
    Participant

That worked, thanks so much!

Bill Robbins

Anytime Melanie. Have a great weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Homepage Widgets do not always display in Chrome’ is closed to new replies.