Homepage Slider Images

Support Area Forums Bottega Homepage Slider Images

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jayme
    Participant

Bill,

Really appreciate your great support!

NEW QUESTIONS:

1. Do you know why there is a blue bar running 1/4th across the top of the page:
    http://new.glenjunction.com/about-us/
    How do I get rid of that?

2. For the 178 pixel boxes, those are the ones I want to change the order of, can those be changed? I didn’t mean menu at the top. Also, the shade that comes up when you hover over, can I change the color and/or opacity of that shade?

3. I have FB integration, but I want that whole Facebook box, showing fans faces, etc., with Google map next to it like in your sample. I’m not clear on how to set that up like how you have it on your sample page.

4. What is best anti spam plug in? Or widget or whatever I would need to prevent unnecessary spam comments? I want something that they have to log into FB to comment on the site.

5. Can I remove the drop shadow on each page heading?

thanks,

Jayme

Bill Robbins

New Answers:

1. The blue color is the background from the sidebar. There is an option in the styling tab of the theme options page where you can choose that color. If you set it to white, it won’t be visible anymore.

2. You can change the order of the posts in the featured row by changing their publish date/time. They will display in reverse date order (newest on the left). You can change the color with this CSS snippet:

.boxcaption { 
    	background: #000000; 
    }

It’s 80% opaque so the image below will affect the final color some.

3. The demo uses a Facebook widget and a Contact widget on the home page. That’s where the Facebook like box and the Google map come from.

4. The Akismet plugin that comes with WordPress works well. I would start with it. If you want to use Facebook comments, you can use the “official” Facebook plugin for those. My only caution there would be that the plugin isn’t always reliable or user friendly.

5. You can remove the drop-shadow. Use this CSS snippet:

h1.post-title,
    h2.post-title {
    	text-shadow: none;
    }

See if that doesn’t help some.

Jayme
    Participant

Hi Bill,

HAPPY TUESDAY! LOL

Here’s what I discovered: I was viewing in Chrome and the FB box does not show in Chrome for some reason, it does however show up in IE. Is there a way to remedy it for Chrome? Tell me if you’re able to see it in Chrome. There’s just a white blank space where FB sharing box normally is.

MORE QUESTIONS:

1. The FB, Twitter and RSS icons in the bottom right, can I make those color not grayscale?
    If so, how?
    2. Are there any issues as far as load time or SEO in having the slider on every page? I wouldn’t use as many images on the other pages as I do the home page, but really like the slider.

thanks!
    Jayme

Bill Robbins

Jayme,

I took a look in Chrome and your Facebook box appeared ok. Here’s a quick screenshot:

http://d.pr/i/OhLJ

1. You can replace the icons if you’d like to. The easiest option is to find 32 pixel square icons that you like and then upload them to the images folder inside the theme. You can use a FTP program or your web host’s control panel to upload the new icons. Just make sure the file name matches the ones you’re replacing: facebook.png twitter.png and rss.png

2. If the images aren’t too large in terms of file size and you limit the number of them, it won’t have too much affect on load time or SEO. A good tool to check your load time is tools.pingdom.com.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Homepage Slider Images’ is closed to new replies.