Homepage on smartphone not loading

Support Area Forums Mise En Place Homepage on smartphone not loading

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question: http://speedimobilewebsite.ca
  • Author
    Dan Abra
    Participant

I am testing my site on a smartphone and cannot get the home page to render, The secondary pages load fine. I don’t know if it is too much content or a weak java script. It responds fine when I move the browser on my desktop down to 300px. I tested it on a mobile tester and it renders fine.
    It works on an mini ipad and looks fantastic. I really like this theme, it goes 90 plus in the green.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Dan,

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the theme. Sorry for the phone troubles you’ve run into. I gave the site a look on my iPhone and it did load up there. If you wouldn’t mind letting me know which make, model, version and browser you’re using on your phone I’ll see if I can uncover the trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Dan Abra
    Participant

I bought a membership plan. My smartphone is android version 4.3 and I use gmail as connected account. I assume it uses chrome browser. I have lookout ant-virus installed.

Bill Robbins

Hey Dan,

Thank you for making that purchase. I swapped you to the lifetime one since you already had an individual theme.

Thanks for letting me know about Android 4.3. What’s the phone’s manufacturer and model too if you don’t mind? That way I can track down a way to test on that device as closely as possible.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Dan Abra
    Participant

Samsung Model Number SGH-1747M
    Android 4.3

Bill Robbins

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sending that over. I took a look in a couple of Samsung emulators, one an S3 and one a galaxy note and the site did load on both of them. I’ve attached a screenshot of this post so you can see what it turned up. I don’t have one of these devices physically available to me so that’s a much testing as I can do from here. Do you know anyone who could test on the same device for you? That could help us track down the trouble you’re having if we could reproduce it.

Thanks and have a great weekend,
    Bill

Dan Abra
    Participant

I have been using the default browser for years, today is October 14, 2016. Last week the browser worked fine but now it does not work as good as it used too.

Simple fix, install chrome browser.

Thanks for all your help.

Bill Robbins

Sorry to hear the default browser started to flake out on you. Glad that Chrome is working though. If you run into any trouble with it or something else, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Dan Abra
    Participant

Wow, thank you for your kind offer of giving me a lifetime membership. After working with many themes I am glad I found a theme like mise en place without all the bells and whistles.

Dan Abra
    Participant

Thank you for sending me the snapshot. No more clunky issues this theme works great.

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out Dan. If you run into anything else, just let me know 🙂

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Homepage on smartphone not loading’ is closed to new replies.