Homepage bottom being pushed down

Support Area Forums Authentic Homepage bottom being pushed down

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jeff Harmon
    Participant

As I add items to the homepage sidebar, they push content form the homepage bottom area down further, creating extra space below the slider. What am I doing wrong?

Also – what is a good calendar to plug in?

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question. The home page has two different sidebar areas you can use. The “Home Top” sits next to the slideshow and really meant to use one or two widgets. If you have more than that, it will push down the lower part of the home page. The other sidebar on the home page is the “Home Bottom.” If you’re widgets are too tall for the home top, you’ll want to move the overflow down to the home bottom section.

For a calendar, I use and recommend The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe. It’s well made, fits nicely with the theme and is free. They do have some paid extensions if you need more advanced functionality, but the free version is all that most sites need.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Jeff Harmon
    Participant

Thanks Bill. I just wanted to make sure I understood the layout. I love your designs.

So on the calendar, I guess I need to do the $50 version that allows for recurring events. How did you get your navigation menu to display on the calendar page?

One (or two) last things – What is the easiest gallery plugin and directory submission? We want church members to be able to submit their family contact info to a database. I guess we also may want people to login to search the database if they need to contact someone?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Bill Robbins

The recurring events are probably the most common need to go with the paid version. You can try the free and see if you like it before springing for the add-ons.

For a directory, you might try the Connections Business Directory which lets you create directories on your site. They also have support for families so you can group family members together. I can’t say I’ve run a site with a directory on it, but this plugin is where I’d probably start that.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Jeff Harmon
    Participant

Gallery?

Bill Robbins

For galleries, I generally just use the one that’s built into WordPress. Some people really like NextGEN Gallery though.

Jeff Harmon
    Participant

I found out how to fix the issue of my events page not displaying my main menu. In The Events Calendar settings, users need to use “Default Page Template” AND Under Permalink Settings users need to set it to “Post name”

The menu displays perfectly in Authentic on the events page now.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for the tip Jeff. One of the things I like most about The Events Calendar is it allows you to choose the template to use. Most plugins don’t offer that type of flexibility.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Homepage bottom being pushed down’ is closed to new replies.