Homebar Widget Margins

Support Area Forums Progress Homebar Widget Margins

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Tony Dylan-Hyde
    Participant

The three sidebar widgets on my home page are not reflecting the same margins as the slider.

http://www.advancingcompassion.org

See how the right hand widget is indented by 10 pixels or so. Where should I look to update that coding?

Many thanks…and a fantastic template for our purposes.

Tony Dylan-Hyde
    Participant

This appears to be an issue with Safari as my office computer (running IE) doesn’t show the issue. Might you have any suggestions?

Bill Robbins

Great looking site! I love what you’ve done with the theme.

This was an unusual situation. Chrome, Safari and IE all will let you have the widgets fill the lower area, but Firefox wouldn’t play nicely. It kept wrapping the widgets down to a second row.

If you’d like to make some adjustments you can. Here’s how:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css
    3. Look for this spot:

.home-widgets {
      margin-right: -2.08333%;
      margin-bottom: 2.08333%;
      }

.home-widgets .widget {
      float: left;
      width: 29%;
      padding: 1.12%;
      margin-right: 2.08333%;
      margin-bottom: 2.08333%;
      }

4. What you’ll want to adjust is the “margin-right” of both .home-widgets and .home-widgets .widget. Just make sure that they are opposites–whatever the .home-widgets .widget is set for, the .home-widgets is the negative value of that.
    5. Save your changes and see if that gives you the result you’re looking for.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Tony Dylan-Hyde
    Participant

Thanks Bill. Those adjustments seem to have done the trick. I wonder, however, whether it is possible to make the float center justified so at least the right margin doesn’t appear so far off from the slider right margin?

A few more questions regarding the home page.

1. How would I add a placeholder widget to separate the 1st and 3rd widgets? For example, the widget second row shows my volunteer and donate widgets immediately next to one another. Can I add a middle widget so that volunteer is left of center and donate is right of center? The best I’ve managed is with the “text” widget but that leaves an empty row with content background color. Essentially, I want that space to appear vacant.

2. Is the template set-up for iPad use? When I view the page on an iPad, the second row of widgets shows volunteer under “get connected” which pushes donate to third row under “projects.”

3. Also under the iPad category, in portrait mode, the left side of the main menu bar begins to overlap with the logo. Is there a way to prevent that from happening…perhaps so that the main menu wraps rather than overlaps?

Thanks, and happy holidays.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Homebar Widget Margins’ is closed to new replies.