Home Top

Support Area Forums Epic Home Top

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mark Kaske
    Participant

How do you get the nice thumbnail images on the upper homepage sidebar such as the Men’s Breakfast? I have attempted to use the Featured Page Widget – the page it is linking to is using the full page layout but the thumbnail image that is displaying is cutting off on the sides and looking terrible.

Thoughts?

Bill Robbins

Good question. The demo is using the “static” home page layout which skips the slideshow in favor of three images.

You could recreate the effect with the slideshow with sidebar option. It would be easiest to use two text widgets and then place images inside those. This post is written by a user that was going about things that way.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Mark Kaske
    Participant

That is most helpful! Thanks!

Mark Kaske
    Participant

Bill –

I am attempting to use the ‘static’ homepage layout. I have uploaded into the Slides area images that are the size for the secondary images. However when I go to the site the secondary images are showing up underneath the Main image slide rather then to the right as your demo shows.

I am probably missing a setting or something, but am curious on how to make the ‘static’ homepage display appear appropriately.

Thank you again for all your help and for creating these amazing themes!

Bill Robbins

Mark,

Any chance you could send over a link to where you’re working so I could take a closer look?

Sorry,
    Bill

Mark Kaske
    Participant

Bill –

Here is a link to the homepage of the site that I am attempting to use the ‘static’ setting for.

Bill Robbins

Thanks Mark. I’ll add this in the first update to the theme (probably on Friday). You can add this in the Custom CSS box on the theme options page to square it up:

.static .video {
    	width: 606px;
    	float: left;
    	margin-right: 9px;
    }

See if that doesn’t the video in it’s place for you.

Mark Kaske
    Participant

Bill –

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Chris Langille
    Participant

Hello Bill,

I can’t for the life of me get the image in my Home Top to link to a page. I’m using a static image homepage. I tried putting the link in the featured image (within the slide) but still no dice.

What am I doing wrong?

https://skitch.com/clangille/86yia/edit-slide-senior-care-ministries-wordpress

Bill Robbins

Chris,

Great question. Go to Media > Slides to upload your slides (they’re added in a similar fashion to a post). The image is the featured image. There is a box there labeled optional link where you can add the URL you’d like the image to link to. There’s a quick screenshot of it at:

http://d.pr/i/aRTU

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Top’ is closed to new replies.