Home Top, Home Bottom

Support Area Forums Foundation Home Top, Home Bottom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.whalesanctuaryproject.org
  • Author
    Michael Mountain
    Participant

Hello. I added a widget to my “Home Bottom” (i.e. on the left of the page), and then decided to remove it temporarily. When I went to look at the home page, the other widgets that were in “Home Bottom” and that have always been on the left of the Featured Items (four post excerpts) have suddenly moved over to the right – i.e. under the widgets that comprise “Home Top”,
    Any idea how/why this happened and how I can put those back on the left?
    P.S. It doesn’t actually look bad having them on the right, but I just need to understand what’s going on since when I’ve tried adding more items to “Home Top”, it’s always screwed the page up before!
    Thanks much.

Bill Robbins

Hi Michael,

Great question there. The layout of the home bottom widgets depends on the order they are set in. Looking at it right now, it appears that the featured post widget is the first one in the list. That’s why it is lining up on the left under the slider. That causes the other widgets to line up on the right. If you were to swap the social media icon widget to be the first in the line, it would change that layout and cause the featured post widget to be on the right with the other widgets on the left.

As it is now, it makes it look like the page has a continuous sidebar on the right from the Home Top on down. It’s still actually split, but it gives the appearance of it being continuous.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Michael Mountain
    Participant

Thanks, Bill. All clear.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Top, Home Bottom’ is closed to new replies.