Home screen recent articles

Support Area Forums Epic Home screen recent articles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Charles Smith
    Participant

I was looking at the new Foundation and am really impressed… If appears that the most recent articles float around the bottom of the module row on the left. It this possible in Epic? It seems that Epic home page is ALL modules and I was wondering how to replicate the behavior of Foundation.

Bill Robbins

Charles,

Great question. Epic and Foundation have a similar structure. The lower part of both themes is made up entirely of widgets. They both also use the jQuery Masonry script to allow the widgets to stack neatly regardless of their width or height.

Both themes also have a widget bundled with them that allows you to display your latest posts so that they span two of the three columns on the home page. The end up right or left aligned based on where they fall in with other widgets. If you place them first, they will be left aligned; if they are second or fourth, then they’ll be right aligned.

The widget is a bit more advanced in Foundation. When I update Epic, I’ll replace the current widget with the new one.

I’m trying out this method to see if it helps people have more flexibility in setting up their sites. Our Bottega theme is also set this way.

If you have any questions or thoughts, just let me know.

Bill

Charles Smith
    Participant

I like the new widget… It allows the space to be filled uniformly. Otherwise, when the number of articles outrun the widget column you have a ugly empty space. IMHO.

Bill Robbins

Those were my thoughts too. I hate to force widgets to be the same height in order to keep things tidy. This seems like a good solution.

Enjoy your weekend

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home screen recent articles’ is closed to new replies.