Home page welcome box widget covers background

Support Area Forums Kerygma Home page welcome box widget covers background

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://http://www.gatheringhouse.org/
  • Author
    Robert Bryceson
    Participant

Loving the Kerygma theme so far. A couple issues I’m trying to work out:

1. In the Kerygma live demo, it shows the text, “He is risen!” in the Hero area on the main page. I’m trying to accomplish something similar on my home page. However, the Hero area is covered by the Welcome Box widget for some reason. The Welcome Box has been pulled nearly to the top menu, obscuring the Hero section. Is there a way to fix this so that the Hero section is visible once again?

You can see the Welcome Box with the words “Welcome to the Gathering House” covering up the Hero section in my screenshot.

2. The parallax effect is not working on the background image when I scroll down on the main page. I’ve tried editing some settings under Theme Options > Background, but haven’t found anything that provides parallax. How would I accomplish this?

I haven’t edited anything outside of using the WordPress editor (no php), if that helps to diagnose the problem. The site is under construction, so I’ve hidden it with a plugin. I can un-hide it if you need to look at it.

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your business first of all. I do appreciate it. Sorry for the trouble there. Would it be possible for you to turn off the under construction plugin so I can take a closer look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Robert Bryceson
    Participant

I have turned off the plugin. Let me know if you have any trouble seeing the site.

Bill Robbins

Thanks Robert. I took a look and it appears that the hero section, that’s the large image with overlaid text at the top of the home page isn’t set up.

The image that’s there is the featured image of the page. There’s a box below the main content box where you can enter the title and caption that goes over the image.

Give adding that a shot and see how that goes.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Bill

Robert Bryceson
    Participant

Thank you! I simply didn’t understand the difference between the hero image set on the home page and the background image set in the theme options. Everything is working now.

Bill Robbins

Sorry for the confusion there. I’m glad to hear it’s sorted out now. If I can help with anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Home page welcome box widget covers background’ is closed to new replies.