Home Page Slider too short

Support Area Forums Foundation Home Page Slider too short

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Katie Dawson
    Participant

I am working on building our website http://www.inmiowa.org

Our home page slider is not showing up at the correct size and it is cutting off images. I tried to edit the photos to be the correct width, but the height seems to be too short.

How would I edit this?

Bill Robbins

Katie,

Thank you for your business first of all. You can edit the size of the slider images. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose images.php and look for this spot:

add_image_size('slide', 760, 506, true);

3. The 760 is the width in pixels and the 506 is the height. To make the slider taller, change the 506 to the value you’d like to have.
    4. Save your changes.

That will affect all images you upload from that point on. To change the images that you’ve already uploaded, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to change those.

WordPress won’t scale smaller images up, but will scale/crop larger images to fit. If you can size your images to the correct size before uploading them.

Also make sure not to add a height to the slider in the CSS. It will adjust automatically based on the height of the current slide.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Katie Dawson
    Participant

I removed the height I added to the slider and made the changes as you suggested. It doesn’t appear to have made an effect in the display of the slides. It is almost like it is cutting them off top and bottom. For example, on my site the image with the woman and the net has been resized to be precisely 760×506.

Any ideas?

Bill Robbins

Katie,

You might check the images again. The two that are showing up are a bit bigger, 960 by 448 and 900 by 448. There being scaled down by the browser which is making them shorter.

Let me know what you turn up,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Page Slider too short’ is closed to new replies.