Home Page layout – how to tame multi column widget

Support Area Forums Forward Home Page layout – how to tame multi column widget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://23a.4f0.myftpupload.com/
  • Author
    Kais
    Participant

Hi Bill

I thought I understood this, but I am having some trouble with the home page widget, creating multi-column text fields.

Can you point me in the right direction?

The current problem is that by adding a full width text box, The other text box will not float into place.

This URL is to a staging website. When finished it will be GlobeInPeace.org

Thanks

Kais

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Kais,

Excellent question there. I had another user notice on Thursday evening that when you have a full with widget first, the widgets below it will not line up properly. If you start with the three column widgets and have a wider one after it, they seem to work as expected.

For the time being, try re-arranging them. I’m looking for an answer at the moment and as soon as I find one, I’ll make an update to the theme.

Thanks,
    Bill

Kais
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

I believe I just sorted out the issue here and have posted an update to fix it. I’ve used Masonry in themes before to help set layouts with different sized elements, but this was my first time using a selector to set the width instead of pixels. Evidently it measures the width of the first item with that class and applies that width as the column width throughout.

So I added an empty div with a class that will only be used for sizing to the home sidebar area. That seems to have squashed that bug on my own development site.

If you run into any trouble with it, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Page layout – how to tame multi column widget’ is closed to new replies.