Home Page issues

Support Area Forums Bottega Home Page issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Scott Hannaman
    Participant

Bill, I have tried everything. I cannot get the home page to work at all. The slide show does not show any slides, I am struggling to understand how this new set up works.

Bill Robbins

Scott,

When you renamed the theme folder, you placed a space between bottega and Update. The theme folder name is used in the URL’s to the javascript in the theme that runs the slideshow. You can’t have spaces in URL’s or they won’t work. You’ll have to change the theme folder name to something without a space in it for it to work. Here’s a screenshot of a link your source code to show you what I’m talking about:

http://d.pr/i/4GIk

You can change it to bottega-update or bottega2 or scott; it just can’t have any spaces in the folder name.

Other than that, everything looks good. If you make that switch you should be on the right track again,
    Bill

Scott Hannaman
    Participant

Thanks

Scott

Scott Hannaman
    Participant

Bill, If I use the updated theme? How do I create a home page without the Page title showing up?

Bill Robbins

Scott,

You can remove the Home page link from your navigation bar if you’d like to. That will take care of that. The page title isn’t set to display in the home page template, so if you use the home page template you shouldn’t see it there.

Let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

Scott Hannaman
    Participant

Works great, Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Page issues’ is closed to new replies.