Home page formatting question

Support Area Forums Foundation Home page formatting question

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jeremy Cosby
    Participant

I added a new widget to the home page for donations through a text widget. However, the donation widget is dark and the text widget back ground was white, which didn’t look very good. So, I went into the editor and found the color of the widget background in the “Foundation Style sheet” section (previously it was #fff – I just changed it to “none”). This was a VERY effective fix to the original problem, but somehow I created another one.

On our homepage, the widgets that were previously on the left side of the featured posts are now at the bottom of the page. The Foundation Theme instructions don’t specifically indicate how to change this feature. Could you give me some pointers on this feature and see if we can restore the previous layout. We are partial to having those widgets on the side and not on the bottom!

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Jeremy,

You might want to update to the newest version of the theme. It lets you choose pretty much any color in the site from inside WordPress’ customizer. You can set the color of the donation bar, it’s graph, buttons, progress, backgrounds, text color. You even choose the font too if you’d like. It’s also responsive so it will work better on mobile devices too.

It’s also possible in either version to change the background of a specific widget. They each have a unique ID. If you’ll let me know which one you’d like to change, I’d be glad to give you a CSS snippet to do that.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Jeremy Cosby
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestions. We are considering the upgrade. It sounds like a good idea! Improvements in making changes would be great!

Right now, the issue isn’t in changing one widget (anymore). Apparently whatever I changed affected the layout of the home page template. The option that allows the featured posts to float to the right of the widgets on Home Page Bottom was affected.

I would like to get the Home Page Bottom widgets to return to the left of the feature blogs and not at the bottom of the page.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Jeremy,

I’d be glad to take a look. Could you send over a link to the site?

Thanks,
    Bill

Jeremy Cosby
    Participant

I think we may have it figured out! Thanks so much Bill!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Home page formatting question’ is closed to new replies.