Home page formatting in Epic

Support Area Forums Epic Home page formatting in Epic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://biz207.inmotionhosting.com/~carrol23/
  • Author
    Durand Robinson
    Participant

I’m new to the Epic theme. Did all the installs to get the content, plugins, etc set up. (Great instructions, btw.)

But when i went to change out the content on the home page from the demo to real stuff, I don’t see anything in the content at all. As in blank. Everything shows up when you’re looking at it, but I have no idea where the info pointing to the different widgets are hiding for the front page. Any pointers for the new kid on the forum?

Bill Robbins

Hi Durand,

Welcome to my Epic theme. Sorry for the confusion there. The home page’s content is made up completely of widgets. You can change out the content by going to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Widgets to change them.

The home page has two widget areas, Home Top and Home Bottom. The content in the demo is in the “Home Bottom” widget area (sidebar). The Home Top is used when the top layout in the theme options is set to “sidebar.” It uses a smaller slider and has room for a widget next to it.

You can see your available widgets on your left and the widget areas on your right. You can drag a widget into the Home Bottom area to add it there. You can click on the Home Bottom area on the right to open it up. If you’ll click on the title of a widget, it’ll open up the settings for that instance of the widget. You can drag any widget by its title out of a widget area and drop it on the left to remove it. They can also be rearranged by dragging the title to switch up the order.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Durand Robinson
    Participant

The widgets are straight forward. I’m still curious where the rotating header’s coming from.

Bill Robbins

Great follow up question. Those are added by going to Media then Slides in your WordPress dashboard. Each slide is created individually there. The featured image is the image that shows up. Here’s a quick video to show you how that works too:

Let me know if it gives you any trouble.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home page formatting in Epic’ is closed to new replies.