Home page bottom

Support Area Forums Foundation Home page bottom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Richard Oliver
    Participant

Hi,

On the bottom of our home page at whedea.com there are two posts. When I looked at the sample foundation it show three columns. with fill text and even a video. On ours the posts show only the title, date with category and then some text. Is there a way to make it show the whole post? The person the site has also said they want to have some video there. How do I make it go to three columns.

Rick

Bill Robbins

Richard,

Great question. The demo actually has two columns: one of widgets the other of featured posts. The images in the middle are the “featured images” associated with those posts. If you don’t have a featured image, the post text will fill the space where the image would be.

If you are not showing featured posts, then the widgets are set to fill the width of the screen below the donation/newsletter bars.

You can change the featured posts area to show the full content of that post. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose home.php and look for this spot:
      <?php the_content_limit(275, "Read More"); ?>
    3. Replace that line with this:

4. Save your changes.

That will replace the short portion of your posts with the full one.

I hope that helps. If you need anything else, please let me know,
    Bill Robbins

Richard Oliver
    Participant

Thanks, That worked fine. I have to edit the posts a little to make them look better, but it worked.

What widgets did you have on the sample.

Rick

Bill Robbins

In the demo, the top part of the home page has a text widget and a Facebook widget. The bottom part of the home page has a text widget with no title, a recent post widget and a video widget.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Richard Oliver
    Participant

Is the video widget standard, i looked for one and did not see it. Do I need to import that, what is the name of the video widget?

Rick

Bill Robbins

The video widget is part of the theme and not a standard one. It’s listed as the “Foundation Featured Video Widget.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Home page bottom’ is closed to new replies.