Home Page

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Home Page

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.lawwilks.com
  • Author
    Rob Wilks
    Participant

Hi there

I’m a bit perplexed by a problem I have.

I have created a “Home” page on my website and set it to the Home Page template, but it is blank apart from the header and footer, even though I have text in the content panel.

I don’t want a slider on the home page, and have not created any slides.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rob

Bill Robbins

Hello Rob,

Great question. In most of my themes, the home page template is set to use widgets to supply the content. I create them that way so that users have more flexibility in terms of the content that they can use. So to add text to your home page, you’ll generally want to use a text widget and add it to the home page sidebar.

But since you’re not looking to use a slideshow, here’s what I would do.

1. Change the name of the page. WordPress will load the home page template also on any page named home. You could name it front or something else. You can even change the navigation item for the page to say home if you’d like.
    2. Choose the default page template. Since you don’t need the slideshow, you can skip that by using the default. You could still set a background image though by using the image “format” (you can choose that on the right hand side while editing your page. That’ll also let the page content be displayed.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks and have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Page’ is closed to new replies.