home page

Support Area Forums Bottega home page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://salonsabeha.com/SSWordPress/
  • Author
    Robyn Sealock
    Participant

Help!!!

I am trying to build this wordpress site under a subdomain until I get it done and can take down the other site. I built in the five boxes in the theme editor and I put in some slides – why isn’t my home page showing up correctly?

Sharon

Bill Robbins

Sharon,

By default, WordPress shows your recent blog posts as the front page. You can change that though.

1. Go to the “pages” section of your WordPress dashboard and create a page called “Home.”
    2. In the right hand column while creating the page, you’ll see a box labeled “Page Attributes.” In that box there is a drop-down for page templates. Choose “Home” and then publish your page.
    3. Next go to the Settings section of your dashboard and select “Reading.”
    4. At the top of this page you can choose to have the front page display your latest posts or to display a static page.
    5. Choose to use a static page and then select your “Home” page from the drop-down.
      Update your settings.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Robyn Sealock
    Participant

Awesome… that did the trick…. I also wanted to have some text between the slides and the five boxes as I saw on some of your examples – how do I do that?

Sharon

Bill Robbins

If you add content to your home page, like you would most other pages, it’ll appear there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘home page’ is closed to new replies.