Home bottom sidebar

Support Area Forums Authentic Home bottom sidebar

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Luke Ladell
    Participant

Bill – apologies – a bit of a novice

I want to add text under the slideshow in “Authentic” but when using the home bottom sidebar everything is pushed down lower than the content in the “Home Top” side bar and I want it to look even – can you help?

To explain – basically I just want to add simple text and images like where you have the podcast and directions columns in the example on your site so that it sits more or less at the same level as the bottom of the widgets in “home top”

Many thanks

Tom

Bill Robbins

Tom,

Always glad to help out. Let’s see if we can’t get things going in the right direction.

Basically everything on the web is broken up into boxes. Sometimes the boxes are obvious due to background colors or borders. Sometimes you can’t see the edges of the box, but it’s still there.

On the Authentic Theme, the home page is broken up into two main boxes: the top (with the slideshow and top sidebar) and the bottom (where the contact and podcasting widgets are in the demo).

The top box is designed to fit a certain height roughly equal to the height of the slideshow images. It can stretch beyond that, but that will simply push the bottom box further down creating more space between the slideshow and the lower widgets than you’d see in the demo.

In order to place a text widget below the home page slideshow, you’ll need to make sure that the widgets in the home top don’t take up more vertical space than the slideshow. That will let everything line up correctly.

If you find you’re still having trouble getting things lined up, let me know. Also send over a link and I’ll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks,
    Bill

Luke Ladell
    Participant

Bill – apologies for the slow response – makes perfect sense..! Appreciate your excellent support.

Best wishes

Tom

Bill Robbins

I once had a customer respond to a support request 10 months after I emailed her an answer so no worries at all.

If you need anything else, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home bottom sidebar’ is closed to new replies.