Home Block Page Content Widget

Support Area Forums Grassroots Home Block Page Content Widget

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Logan Phillips
    Participant

Hi there, looking for a little clarity on the “slideshow” mentioned here:

This widget will display your slideshow. Go to the Media section and select “Slides” to add your slides.

I don’t see “Slides” mentioned anywhere else, maybe I’m missing it? Also, there’s a page selector drop down there that points to “Home Block Widget Content,” which is currently blank. Where should this point to, and should I add images there for a slideshow?

I should mention that I have the theme, sample content, options, etc. all installed.

Thanks for the help!

Bill Robbins

Hi Logan,

Sorry for the confusion there. I believe that description ended up from a different widget that this was initially built on.

The page content widget will let you choose the content from a page via the drop down menu ere, to show in the widget.

An alternative is to install e Black Studio TinmyMCE plugin. It adds a visual editor widget which is essentially a widget with the same editor you find in the page/post edit screen.

Again sorry for the confusion. If I can help out, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Logan Phillips
    Participant

Hi Bill, I suspected something like that.

Can you recommend any good methods for adding a slideshow (preferably with different links for each image) into one of the homepage widgets?

Thanks again

Bill Robbins

Two often recommended plugins are soliloquy and meta slider. You might try those and see which works best for you.

I believe they both use shortcodes to insert sliders. If they don’t have a widget you can place the shortcode in a text widget instead.

Let me know if one of those doesn’t do the trick.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Block Page Content Widget’ is closed to new replies.