Hero Section

Support Area Forums Grassroots Hero Section

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
URL to the page in question: http://buildhopeinternational.org
  • Author
    james lee
    Participant

Hi

I am trying to setup hero section for the front page but it is not working. Can you help me. I put image for test but nothing is showing up

James

james lee
    Participant

nothing seems to be working. I cannot add menu as well

Bill Robbins

Hey James,

Happy to help out. What’s the URL to where you’re working with theme? The one at the top appears to be using a different theme.

Bill

james lee
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

What I’m seeing there is not the Grassroots theme (see attached screenshot). Is there some way to see what’s like with that theme?

james lee
    Participant

thats strange that is the old website and when i go to http://www.buildhopeinternational.org it gives me this

Attachments:
    james lee
    Participant

even in my iPhone i see correct website

Bill Robbins

You’ve got me there. Have you recently changed the DNS settings or the server configuration for the site?

james lee
    Participant

yes i did

Bill Robbins

That’s probably what’s causing me to see the old site still. DNS changes can sometimes be quick and sometimes they can take hours to make their way around the internet.

Do you know the IP address of your new settings? I can change settings in my own computer to point to the correct server and see the new site.

Bill Robbins

The DNS settings finally propagated their way through my internet provider.

The first thing I notice is it appears that the theme options haven’t been saved yet. They do have to be saved once after activation in order for some defaults to be in the database to work with.

Go to the Appearance section in your dashboard and click on Theme Options. Even if you don’t change anything, scroll to the bottom and save your settings. That should take care of some of our missing elements.

I’ve also attached a screenshot of how the front page is set up in the demo as a reference. Let me know how it goes.

Bill

james lee
    Participant

Thanks but still no home page

james lee
    Participant

I emailed you

thanks
    james

Bill Robbins

Thanks James. I set up a hero on the home page for you. I didn’t add any widgets to the home page, but if you need me to do that, I can. Just let me know.

I also assigned the navigation menu to the theme’s navigation menu location so it would appear in the header for you.

Let me know if you have questions,
    Bill

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Hero Section’ is closed to new replies.