Hero Images.

Support Area Forums Kerygma Hero Images.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question: http://hopechurchgr.rcachurches.org
  • Author
    Peter TeWinkle
    Participant

Bill,

I’d like a Hero image at the top of our blog page (under the “Faces” link) and on top of the Events page (which is our calendar). Is that possible?

Also, once we upload a podcast, how do we make sure that it goes to the right page?

Thanks,
    Peter

Bill Robbins

Hello Peter,

Great question there. I’ve had a few requests for how to do that recently so let’s do this. I’ll make an update to the theme that includes options for a hero section at the top of the blog archive and also the event calendar’s main page. That way it’ll be easy for everyone who wants to, to add it in.

I should have it pushed out as an update by Monday if you can hang on that long.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hello Peter,

I just wanted to let you know that the update to Kerygma was just pushed out. It should be in the updates section of your WordPress dashboard soon.

This update adds a new tab in the theme options page labeled Hero Section. There you can add in a hero image and text for both the calendar and blog.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Peter TeWinkle
    Participant

Thanks so much! It’s working for the Blog but not the calendar. I’m pretty sure that I’m using the correct events calendar, but maybe I missed something.

Bill Robbins

Hello Peter,

I’m glad to hear that did the trick for the blog. I wonder if it’s not showing on the calendar because there are no events scheduled. Would you mind creating a sample event and see if that doesn’t bring up the hero section. I believe from WordPress’ perspective, the not found is a different page from the calendar’s home.

Let me know if that doesn’t do the trick.

Thanks,
    Bill

Peter TeWinkle
    Participant

That did it. Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Have a great day Peter 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Hero Images.’ is closed to new replies.