Hero Image with Page Builder

Support Area Forums Finesse Hero Image with Page Builder

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    DenisK
    Participant

Morning Bill,

I was able to do Hero image before using Page Builder Hero image widget. Maybe I accidentally changed coding or did something, but it is not working for the other pages. I am trying to use in the middle of the page but I can’t get hero image effect.

Please review attached images:

1. My image

2. Similar to what I would like to do

If you could, please let me know when I can do to fix this.

Thank you very much Bill.

DenisK
    Participant

Image two sorry

Bill Robbins

Hi Denis,

I could use your help with something. Any time you open a topic, I do need the URL to the page in question. You’ve posted the site previously and that helps out tremendously.

If the site is public and live, there is a spot at the top of the form where you can enter it. If it’s not public yet, after you create the topic, make a quick reply with the URL and mark the reply as private. You don’t need to post the login information again, just the URL. That would help me help you and keep me from being grumpy from having to search through old posts for the URL. Thanks.

It sounds like the site may have a widget bundle from SiteOrigin installed. That’s perfectly fine, but none of those widgets are tested in any way with the themes. The Page Builder plugin is adjusted for my themes and I do support it. The widget bundle from them is not specifically supported. They may work fantastic or not at all. I can’t make any promises there.

Mise En Place and Church Builder have a widget that does let you create a “hero” in any row. I will be bringing that to Finesse in the next feature update which will likely be released at the end of next week unless something unforeseen happens. I have one project that is in the queue in front of it that I hope to wrap up in the next day or two before the Finesse update.

Let me know about the URL and I’ll see if I can spot what’s happening.

Take care,
    Bill

DenisK
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

You could create the look from the screenshot you sent by adding a background image to a row and setting that image to use “cover” size. Then just use a Visual Editor widget to insert the copy and center align it. Instead of using the widget title field, you might place the heading in the content area of the widget so that it’s easier to style too.

If you need some extra space in the row, you could adding padding to the top and bottom of the row to make it occupy a bit more space.

Personally that’s what I would do to recreate that.

DenisK
    Participant

Bill, I really appreciate input and advice. I am just trying to do the same thing like you have http://demo.organizedthemes.com/finesse/product/anyway-you-want/. Please see attached image. I want to include the image no content. As easy as it sounds but whatever reasons I can’t make to be a hero image.

1.I use both option include a row then set a background image and set to cover, but I don’t get hero image option.

2. Option I try Page builder hero widget and still not able to achieve here image setting.

If you look here http://www.wardrobeu.com/styling-services/ I want include that image like a hero option.

Please see my screen of what I end up with.

Is it something I need to change in within the CSS or settings?

I am very sorry for a misunderstanding.

Thank you.

Bill Robbins

Here’s how that row is made. It’s a regular row with two columns in it. The row’s background image is the girl with the brown background. It is set to cover so the row always has background image filling it up. The left column is empty and the right column has a visual editor widget in it. The text is in that visual editor widget.

Nothing too fancy there. I set it to have two columns so that the area above the girl would stay clear so her portion of the image would stand out.

Bill Robbins

Hey Denis, I don’t believe you’ll be able to achieve what you’re going for with their hero widget. It’ll never span the full width of the page. In order to have an image go from edge to edge, it will have to be the background image of the row. That’s the only way that will work.

DenisK
    Participant

Thank you very much Bill.

Have a great weekend.

Bill Robbins

You too Denis

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Hero Image with Page Builder’ is closed to new replies.